Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mimi and the girls big adventure part 4

We decided to stop in Mackinaw City and do a little shopping and thought we might get something to eat. One bad thing about Honey Mustard Pringles is they don't last very long. So we started looking for some fulfilling nourishment.




Sorry, but I have to interupt myself here and insert one of the most insane things that I think I have ever seen. A petosky stone vending machine. WHAT!!!! really WHAT!!!! I understand that people have just about picked the beaches clean of petosky stones and they are getting harder and harder to find, but seriously. When you find them in the gift shops they are polished and all pretty, sometimes you find them in jewelry or used as a paperweight - but WHAT!!!! These were not polished and they were not in jewelry or some other type of souvenier. They weren't expensive, if you don't mind paying for something that with a little work you can find for free. Oh wait I guess the same could be said for bottled water and heck I buy that, so what am I thinking - Crud, I could have bought a petosky stone and missed the chance. Oh well, there is always next year.



Back to the fulfilling nourishment, we start looking around and there is Subway, Pizza, Burgers, wait we can get this stuff at home. So back in the car we go and decide to cross the bridge into St. Ignace there could be something there to eat. Wait, halt, hold the phone, back the bus up.........Did I just say CROSS THE BRIDGE. I did, I said cross the bridge. Not just the proverbial "we will cross that bridge when we get to it" bridge. THE bridge, the might mac, the largest suspension bridge in the continental united states. Maybe even the largest suspension bridge ever. Heck, I think it may just be bigger than the great wall of china. I am pretty sure it was what Simon and Garfunkel were singing about when the sang "Bridge over Troubled Water". And I was going to drive across it. Remember me, I am panicky, and can't drive to the nearest shopping mall by myself. ...........




And there goes the last exit in the lower pennisula. Um..... Hello...... I am driving across the bridge and you know what it is kind of fun. It is really high and there is a slow moving vehicle in my non-grated lane, My youngest is sitting in the front seat and has never seen the bridge from the front seat and we are singing and this vehicle is moving so sloooooow. So being the great adventurer that I am passed this slow vehicle. Now passing this vehicle means that I have to drive on the grating here we go and it made a cool humming sound. For years when riding across the bridge I wouldn't let my driver go onto the grating and here I was driving on it - Woooo Hooo

2 comments:

Max and Deborah said...

You are so empowering. I love that you are doing things you were once fearful of. YOU GO GiRL!!!! You are inspiring. I get nervous on the grated side of The Bridge aswell, but I am a scardy cat anyway.

Max and Deborah said...

you got tagged, check out my blog