Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mimi (and girls) big adventure part 2

In our last installment, Mackenzi had to take in a (clear throat) sample. I forgot to mention that everything was perfectly fine - she just had changed soap and it didn't agree with the ummm area.



So we are off to breakfast with in Hastings with Grandma and Grandpa. Nothing to exciting to mention. Grandma is in food love with the multigrain pancakes at Mill's Landing in Hastings.






So off we go north on M-66 we had no itinerary or schedule. We only knew two things, we were going to have fun and we were going to stop whenever we got the whim. So off we go, through, Ionia (we were there once this summer to attend the B-93 birthday bash) and further north to Stanton, this is where something happens. I'm not sure what happened but all of a sudden we knew we weren't in Kansas anymore. All of a sudden the road wasn't - um - how should I say it - of the best quality anymore. Seems the asphalt was a little more - um - bumpy. Apparently we zigged when we should have zagged, Jigged when we should have jogged. Anyway we ended up on a road that was not north M-66.






Now the girls tend to get a little panicky if they think we are "lost". They have asked many times on road trips - "Where are we" - not because they are wondering when we will arrive at our destination, but, they do not trust me to get them to the destination. I do not have a history of becoming extremely lost, so I really don't know why they would question my capability. I on the other hand think that it is fun to get off the beaten path - I have said for years that you can't get lost in Michigan. You either run into water (that being one of the great lakes) or Indiana or Ohio (two of the lesser states) (Sorry Deb, really I am just kidding) or a really big bridge (one of the bigger bridges).


Another funny thing that has happened since I have gotten more mature is that I actually use that little navigational tool that is built into my car known as the compass. I am directionally challenged. I know, I know, look for the sun and I know where it rises and where is sets and blah, blah, blah. Well it was overcast and you couldn't find the sun and because I was driving Mom's car I was not able to use the little directional thingy. So I was not 100% confidant that we were headed in the right direction, however, I was about 82% sure and we know that the odds were with us. Well, after about 30 minutes we ran right into M-66 again and all was right with the world. So here we go again, North on M-66. Through six lakes (actually the place that we found M-66 again), through Remus, Barryton, (during this time we have been discussing when we should go East and get on I-75, just haven't decided when to).






When all of a sudden we pass the cutest little church. Seriously little church. We just have to turn around and check it out. That is what we are doing on our adventure, checking out new things.









So we stop at the "Wayside Chapel".





The most adorable little chapel. There is room for four parishioners and a pulpit. There was a "guest book" and some of the people that had visited had left prayer requests also it seemed that the chapel was non-denominational as there was several different versions of the Bible and several different types of hymnals.



We thought this was an appropriate way to start our adventure and a little prayer to keep us safe didn't hurt at all.



To be continued.........

2 comments:

Max and Deborah said...

Oh Sure knock the only reader of your blog..... atleast the only commenter. No problem I am glad you found your way to the little chapel

Anonymous said...

You always were my favorite.

Love,
Mom